MCCALLS 7801 PATTERN REVIEW, WRAP DRESS FOR FALL, SEW A HANDMADE WARDROBE.

MCCALLS 7801 PATTERN REVIEW, WRAP DRESS FOR FALL, SEW A HANDMADE WARDROBE.

I Sewed up a Not so simple wrap dresss It’’s McCalls 7801 pattern for you to sew today!
This wrap dress is a great addition to your handmade wardrobe!
So welcome To my channel and I hope you enjoy this pattern review.

Pattern description is a fitted partially lined dress with separate pieces for the cup sizes.
I made view C however I didn’t have enough fabric to add the ruffles.

Make sure you stay stitch which I did but I don’t see anywhere in the pattern that it tells you to stay stitch

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes, I think so.

Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes…I feel like the instructions were easy to follow there were just a lot of instructions And a lot of darts!

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I did not like all the darts in the bust area it had darts on the side and darts underneath the bust. It also has you place darts in the back of the bodice and it wants you to make a whole entire another bodice for the lining.
I also didn’t follow the directions on the sleeve it said to do the Gathers were the markings were but I actually did the gather all the way down to the curve.

What would you do differently?
I really don’t know how I would make this better….Oh I did sew down the bust area where it overlaps because I was safety pinning it up first


Fabric used: Rayon challis purchased from fabric.com I think it was about $678 a yard

Would you make this again?
No I don’t think so I will if I try another wrap dress I will just try out another pattern preferably one that doesn’t have all the darts…

What size did you use?
I made a Size 16 with a C cup which equals a finished garment measurement of 42 1/2. (my bust is 40")


This is part of my me made wardrobe of 2021. Do you need a beautiful dress for fall? DIY this dress with me! I’m trying to build a handmade fall wardrobe. Don’t forget to check out my wear what you sew wardrobe if you are a beginner sewist.

I would love to inspire you to make your own handmade wardrobe
as well as other beautiful handmade things and I would love to be part of your sewing journey. Subscribe If you find my channel helpful. You can also follow me on Instagram @simplydelilah1.
And visit me at
https://www.delilahthomas.com/

#M7801 #sewing

Fall dress patternsewing dress patternfall dress diy

Post a Comment

0 Comments