Porsha Williams reveals she contemplated suicide as a child

Porsha Williams reveals she contemplated suicide as a child

Porsha Williams revealed she contemplated suicide as a child while struggling with depression.
“I was too young to even understand what I was dealing with,” the “Real Housewives of Atlanta” alum, 40, told People in an interview published Wednesday. “It wasn’t until I was about 29 that I really identified with the word ‘depression.'”
Williams said her suicidal thoughts started after her middle school classmates bullied her about her body. Her mother sent her to therapy at the time, but she only went to a few sessions.
“I developed different skills to survive. Like speaking positively to myself and not focusing in on all of the negative,” she told the magazine.
These days, the reality star credits her 2-year-old daughter, Pilar Jhena, whom she shares with ex Dennis McKinley, as the reason she keeps going.
“My daughter has saved my life. She has truly saved my life,” she shared. “And in the end of my book, I actually call her my little lifesaver. It’s a great way for me to pull

Filed underbravocelebrity memoirsdepression

Post a Comment

0 Comments